.......

.......

Friday 16 September 2011

Chairs and other things...

I have a couple of new chairs in my life...

The first a lovely old painted cane one


It has a lovely bottom shaped seat,  add a cushion and it has become my new computer chair and later my sewing chair ...  £4 perfect....


























I also got a lovely mustard chair, from my friend Christine, recently but for some reason it looks very pale here,  it is in fact much more vibrant in real life and very comfy too...

























I have been collecting lots of beautiful table cloths with fantastic hand embroidery. Sadly, some have marks that I have been unable to remove so come winter my sewing machine and I will do a bit of recreating, God willing...




















... and open new horizons...



I recently found two stunning satin silk cushion cases, beautifully hand worked. The backing is stuffed with sheep wool...





































































Till next time...

A few Dahlias to brighten up our lives...




3 comments:

  1. Wow, chairs are both beauties. I started looking at chairs a bit when my friend Annie was here. She bought so many chairs at the brocantes we visited it was mad. I find myself pondering themin a new light.
    Dahlias too are magnificent what lovely ruby red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new chairs were such bargains, and are so pretty...What amazing work has gone into the embroidery and l agree with Jane, those dahlias are a magnificent red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for
    stopping by
    happy to meet you
    always love someone
    who appreciates
    a little
    rust and crust
    love an old chair
    a very personal object
    which holds alot
    of energy
    great finds mrs
    x
    ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...
It is always lovely to receive a comment from you... smiles Cass x