.......

.......

Saturday 21 June 2014

A visit around Cranborne Manor House Gardens in Dorset...


Happy Summer Solstice to you.


As promised a trip around Manor House Gardens Cranborne in Dorset..




Vast walled vegetable gardens...







Lots of creative sitting ideas... 










Lovely borders of love-in-a-mist and poppies...




Lots of fabulous gates...




Topiary...






Bulls in wild flower meadows...






Acres of pathways to explore... Can't you just imagine ladies and gents on horseback... and all those big gowns swishing!
























And in the middle a fantastic moving Water Feature..

I did manage to video the opening of this but I've no idea how to get it on here to show you...
Any ideas?







Set in a lovely Rosemary turret edged hedge...













I loved all the little ferns growing up the walls...

Sorry there aren't many close ups... my spine no longer allows me to squat or lean so I'm rather limited... it is a great shame as I also have a fab SLR digital camera but I just can't hold it any more... Photography was a great passion, I did a photography degree and have worked in that field too so I am always a tad disappointed by the quality I get with my little camera...

But nature never ever disappoints...








Around to the side...







In front a huge Croquet Lawn with these interesting Topiary Houses...












Then a walk through lawns with huge trees  to find a beautifully clear stream...








Old planks to cross to find secluded spaces...








Or more open seating if you weren't meeting a lover...







Then around to the North Front...






Beautiful old lichen..






Into the blue and white garden...



















Amazing old gnarly fruit trees...
















Walls with names and dates carved into the stone from 1600's...












The view from the top of the steps....














Catmint and Alliums covered in Bees...                                                                                            

                                                                                  




The Irises were past their best but I just loved this pathway...                                 

                                






The grounds are truly vast, I didn't make it all the way round, I left my parents to wander through the rest, more vegetable gardens and then on to find the church...

I limped back to Maud to crashed out for hour.

If you can go to Cranborne take a picnic and spend the day... normally the gardens are only open on Wednesdays but we were lucky to find a coach party had booked for that Tuesday afternoon (I was heading back home the following morning to the dentist!) so it was a real treat...

Well worth a visit... for those more able there are walks around the estate too...

Hope you are having a splendid weekend out in the sun...
Smiles Cass x










17 comments:

  1. What an absolutely lovely place. I really like that Love-in-a-Mist border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is Em... that border was all around that walled veg and fruit patch! Cx

      Delete
  2. So beautiful place, wonderful old stone castle with a wonderful garden with many fine details.
    And the flowers are gorgeous, your pictures is a pleasure.

    Good Sunday from Marit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marit... Well worth a visit, I would have moved straight in! I'd love to see inside the house too... Cx

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful tour of a beautiful place. I enjoyed it immensely! Thank you for stopping my blog. It is nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad... it is always a please to share beauty... Cx

      Delete
  4. What a place those Aliums and Cat mint walk I wouldn't mind doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also had a really lovely calmness to the place Jane... your cats would have loved all that mint!! Cx

      Delete
  5. Hi Cass, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. This looks like such a spectacular place. I think your photos are great, really clear. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fabulous post, and your pictures are super. I am sorry too for your back xxx and I appreciated your lovely comment.
    Kind wishes and gentle hugs xx
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning place, love all your photos.. Lots of intresting things to see, could spend a week here never mind a day.
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, you asked about my camera it's a Nikon coolpix P80, I've had it a few years now. They don't make this one now, my dad has a newer one but I don't like using his, that's probably old now too ! It's a bridge camera and I just take all my photos on manual..
    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are absolutely beautiful Cass, glad you're getting out more now, another place for me to visit some time, thank you, take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics enjoying your blog , hx happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame your body didn't hold out for the whole of your trip to Dorset. We were only taking about the nursery at Cranborne . I had forgotten how lovely the gardens are too, it is many years since we visited there. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I simply could not leave your web site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual info an individual supply for your guests? Is gonna be back steadily to check out new posts.
    Regards
    Deep Web

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post really,I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...
It is always lovely to receive a comment from you... smiles Cass x