.......

.......

Monday 30 May 2011

Rescuing Bumble Bee...

So out I go to fill the bird baths and find a huge Bumble Bee, upside down in in the water...I think the poor chap had fallen off one of the thrift flowers...
This is an old picture the trift as you can see is much bigger now




Very water logged so a rather docile Bumble... after some swift tissue and blow drying I set to work finding suitable nourishment...
It was still very heavy and it was very tired so I spent 20 minutes carrying it to various scabious and thrift flowers... it gradually filled up with buzz...

Last year, whenever it was sunny and I had the time I would spend an hour or so taking mites off Bees with my gem tweezers...

I got quite a production line on the go.

Some of the mites were really big.... a total of nine off one poor little chap....

I'm sure they all flew away much lighter and hopefully a bit less itchy too...

1 comment:

  1. Very well saved that bumble bee. Some people give them a dose of sugar in water I hear. Must look that up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by...
It is always lovely to receive a comment from you... smiles Cass x